Assignment: Explain How Treatment Modalities Differ
Reflect on a patient who presented with endometriosis, ovarian cysts, or amenorrhea during your Practicum Experience. Describe the patient’s personal and medical history, drug therapy and treatments, and follow-up care. Then, explain how treatment modalities differ for endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and amenorrhea, as well as the implications of these differences when diagnosing and treating patients. If you did not have an opportunity to evaluate a patient with this background during the last five weeks, you may select a related case study from a reputable source or reflect on previous clinical experiences
Application 2: Meaningful Use Paper
Why are many health care organizations hesitant to adopt electronic health records (EHR) when they have the potential to improve quality, increase access, and reduce costs? Some organizations are concerned with the ethical and legal issues that may arise in daily operations. In 2010, legislators noticed health care’s reluctant transition into full EHR integration, and began to provide financial incentives to those organizations that not only adopt EHRs, but also use them meaningfully to improve quality of patient care. As an advanced practice nurse, it is important to be aware of the challenges, policies, and incentives associated with integrating EHR systems. It is also critical that you understand the concept of “meaningful use” and how it plays out in today’s health care organizations.
In this Application Assignment, you analyze meaningful use criteria to determine the authentic legal, financial, and ethical issues that may surround it.
1) A cover page.
2) An introduction ending with a purpose statement (e.g. “The purpose of this paper is…)
3) Summarize the legal, financial, and ethical issues that may arise as a result of meaningful use legislation.
4) Explain how these issues might present barriers to successful implementation within an organization.
5) Discuss ways that health care organizations can make the most of their electronic health record (EHR) investments in light of meaningful use.
6) Explain how EHR-related meaningful use legislation is being implemented in your organization.
7) A conclusion
8) A references pages in APA format.
California HealthCare Foundation. (2011).
Retrieved from http://www.chcf.org/
The California HealthCare Foundation outlines quality reform plans that improve efficiency and reduce cost for California’s patients.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. (2010). CMS EHR meaningful use overview.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services defines the term meaningful use and also its view of meaningful use criteria, requirements, and financial impact.
Course Text: Ball, M. J., Douglas, J. V., Hinton Walker, P., DuLong, D., Gugerty, B., Hannah, K. J., . . . Troseth, M. R. (Eds.) (2011). Nursing informatics: Where technology and caring meet (4th ed.). London, England: Springer-Verlag.
This chapter begins by defining the terms usability and application design as they are used in the field of nursing informatics. The authors then describe the literature review and analytic process that the TIGER Collaborative group underwent to positively transform the development of HIT systems.
Gruber, D., Cummings, G. G., LeBlanc, L., & Smith, D. L. (2009). Factors influencing outcomes of clinical information systems implementation: A systematic review. CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 27(3), 151–163.
The authors analyze the outcomes of prior IT implementations to determine if certain strategies can guarantee success when launching new clinical information systems.
Kaufman, D., Roberts, W. D., Merrill, J., Lai, T., & Bakken, S. (2006). Applying an evaluation framework for health information system design, development, and implementation. Nursing Research, 55(2, Suppl. 1), S37–S42.
This article emphasizes the indispensable role of continuous evaluation throughout the development and real-time application of new information systems into the workplace.
Schlotzer, A., & Madsen, M. (2010). Health information systems: Requirements and characteristics. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, 151, 156–166.
Use this article to examine the importance of focusing on sound design, interoperability of systems, and fulfillment of user needs when developing an effective database.
Course Text: American Nurses Association. (2008). Nursing informatics: Scope and standards of practice. Silver Spring, MD: Author.
“Ethics in Nursing Informatics” (p. 49-52)
This page of the text introduces three common ethical codes used in health care today.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25